One of the big reasons my weight loss came to a screeching halt the past few weeks was because I was struggling to drink enough water. Even with the 32 oz bottle that Nutrisystem includes in your order to help you keep track of your water intake, it just seemed to fall to the wayside.
Why is drinking enough water so important to weight loss?
- suppresses appetite, helping you snack less
- keeps your metabolism up
- prevents bloat and water-weight gain
- keeps your body happy on a cellular level
- can also help prevent skin from sagging after weight loss
Here are some of the tips I’ve been using to help increase my water intake this past week:
Tips for Drinking More Water:
- Use a checks system, like on Nutrisystem or MyFitnessPal, that allows you to mark off each 8 ounces of water you consumed in a day.
- Meet hourly goals to keep you from feeling overwhelmed. This photo has been all over Pinterest, but it’s seriously a fantastic way to visualize your water goals without having to chug water in a panic at night.
- Infuse a pitcher of water with herbs, fresh fruit, and veggies for a flavor boost that won’t bust your dieting hard work. Some of the most tasty varieties I’ve seen include: mint, lemon and cucumber; raspberry and lime; orange, lime, and lemon; lemon and lime; strawberry and basil; cucumber and rosemary; and strawberry and mint.
- Water down a low-calorie drink packet, like the Crystal Light single serves. Usually, the directions say to use 1 packet for 8 oz of water; I use 1 packet for 32 oz. I still get the taste, but it keeps me from drinking away tons of calories. (2 drink packets in 64 oz of water a day is about 20 calories.)
- Treat yourself to a low/no-calorie drink after you’ve reached your daily water goal. I am a sucker for diet cola, so I use it as a treat and try to limit it so I’m only drinking it after I’ve drank enough water.
- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - -
So getting back on track with the program was still kind of hard, but I did a LOT better this week than the previous two and have officially earned my first Nutribear! I’d still like to get back on track with the 2lbs/week, but it’s at least a step in the right direction. Hopefully, by keeping up with my water intake goals and not straying from the program as much will mean a bigger loss next week.
Starting Weight: 238
Current Weight: 228 ( -10 lbs)
Disclaimer: As part of the #Nutrisystem Nation Bloggers Program, I’m receiving products on the Nutrisystem D program in exchange for sharing my weight loss journey with you. No other compensation was given for my honest opinion. Remember to check with your PCP before starting any weight loss program! Want to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem? Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by visiting http://www.nutrisystem.com/